Beat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes.
Beat started its life as “Taxibeat” in 2011 in Europe and after 3 years expanded its operations to Peru where it serves millions of rides every single month. It currently operates in Greece, Peru, Chile and Colombia with many new markets coming in the next months and years. Its great success was attested by the acquisition from Daimler A.G. and Beat is already establishing its position in Latin America which is current focus of expansion.
Beat’s vision is to offer an affordable and efficient way for people to move in their cities.
About the role
Being an IT Support Specialist at Beat is all about helping and supporting us in our computer related needs and improving our technological environment. You will have the opportunity to propose technical enhancements and gain experience over your daily tasks management. You’ll be providing exceptional support, ensuring that technological issues are resolved promptly and efficiently.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Work within metrics, adherence and attendance to ensure quality performance and productivity by using management support tools
- Set up workstations with computers and necessary peripheral devices (routers, printers etc.)
- Check computer hardware (HDD/SSD, mouses, keyboards etc.) to ensure functionality
- Onboarding & Offboarding across all systems (Active Directory,SingleSignOn,GSuite Administration,Local Services)
- Assist with IT related setup and training of new employees
- Ensure security and privacy of networks and computer systems
- Perform timely workstation hardware and software upgrades as required
- Maintain inventory of all equipment, software and software licenses
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging,wired and wireless networking connections etc.)
What you'll need to have:
- Bachelor Degree in IT
- Excitement about new technologies, love for the internet and the web-based productivity services
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Great comfort when using MacOS, Apple hardware and software
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- In-depth understanding of diverse computer systems and networks
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Great verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to integrate and work in multicultural teams
- Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent service experience
- Three (3) years experience that includes IT helpdesk experience and system management software/tools experience, in a mixed physical and virtual desktop environment
What's in it for you:
- Full-time competitive salary
- Legal life insurance since first day of employment
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button
- Flexible working hours and top line tools
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
- Being part of an environment that offers challenging goals, autonomy and mentoring, which creates incredible opportunities, both for you and the company
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.