Beat is a mobile app that transforms the way people move in their cities. Tap on a button on your smartphone and you get a ride in just a few minutes.
Beat started its life as “Taxibeat” in 2011 in Europe and after 3 years expanded its operations to Peru where it serves millions of rides every single month. It currently operates in Greece, Peru, Chile and Colombia with many new markets coming in the next months and years. Its great success was attested by the acquisition from Daimler A.G. and Beat is already establishing its position in Latin America which is current focus of expansion.
Beat’s vision is to offer an affordable and efficient way for people to move in their cities.
About the role
The Beat Operations Engagement Manager role is a unique opportunity to help expand BEAT in LatAm Region by growing our Driver base. This is a critical role as it interfaces with BEAT drivers to optimize serving rides process, increase engagement of Supply using local Operations team feedback in addition to data crunching.
This operations-driven role calls for a self-starter who specializes in creative problem solving, is excited by creating and iterating on operationally complex processes, and can develop and lead different stakeholders. This is a business side startup role, and this person will work with BEAT operations teams along with headquarters-based growth, product, and process teams.
What you'll do day in day out:
- Acquire & Engage drivers. Your job is to come up with innovative and scalable ways to grow Driver base non-stop. Your job is to get our existing partners on the road by implementing growth strategies proposed by headquarter but also maintain competitive advantage for our drivers on the market.
- Retain. You will also work to keep our existing partners on the platform by creating and implementing re-engagement and loyalty initiatives coming from local market.
- Educate. Help our partners learn how to use our system and get the most out of the Beat platform.
- Analytics. Heavy analysis of our partner base by demographics, geography, and historical behavior to drive efficient and cost-effective growth of total engagement with the platform.
- Strategy. Decide which projects and areas of the engagement, retention, and education puzzle the team should focus on and set an aggressive timeline to reach those goals.
- Partner Relations. Manage driver development, identify & attack problem areas for drivers, and negotiate with businesses to create new sources of partner value and loyalty.
- Cost-Benefit Analysis. Evaluate the economic and strategic costs and benefits of programs and work with management to execute those strategies
What you'll need to have:
- 4+ years experience in consulting / business intelligence / operations strategy or related experience; some high-growth operations or startup experience is strongly preferred.
- A “driver” personality - biased toward action - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
- A willingness to be “in the trenches” working with our driver-partners
- Exceptional Excel / data management skills.
- Self-motivated, works independently and possesses strong organization and time management skills
- The drive to explore and define research opportunities throughout the company
- Ability to clearly, concisely, and persuasively communicate research findings
- Exceptional analytical and communication skills and problem-solving mindset
- Excellent multitasking skills to manage multiple projects across various teams and topics
- Ability to collaborate with individuals from varying backgrounds and skill sets
SQL Proficiency strongly preferred
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive full time salary
- Private Health Coverage on the Company’s group program
- Beat rides-travel in our city for free, at the tap of a button
- Breakfast, high quality daily lunch on a very low cost, fruit and snacks all day long
- Flexible working hours, top Line tools
- A great opportunity to grow and work with the most amazing people in the industry
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, Beat is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity without regard for race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, or religion.